Monday, April 21, 2014

Performance Art Project





My performance art project consisted of having my friend lie on the sidewalk while I traced him with sidewalk chalk. As a journalism student,  I have to interview various people and ask them questions/get to know them at different dimensions and every angle. I decided to use the tracing as a metaphor for getting to know the person in their entirety.

My friend laid sprawled out on his back by one of the busiest streets in Tampa right by a traffic light, so people could stop and stare when the light was red. Someone walked by and gave us a few glances, and others honked from their car. After a couple of minutes, a woman (from UT) pulled up to us in a golf cart to make sure we were okay. (I guess my friend looked like he may be unconscious). I know that this is also similar to what people do to a dead body at a crime scene, so I understand why it may have worried people. I just smiled and said that we were okay. Overall, I think it was successful and got a lot of attention from the street.




No comments:

Post a Comment