Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Mark Snyder Performance


Mark Snyder created an awesome performance using multimedia compositions. I thought both aspects, along with a dark room, brought about a smooth, emotional performance. Snyder produced soundscapes that enveloped the audience and charged arrangements that came straight from the moving image. Even though his original tunes didn't come from any type of music I normally listen to, the power of music and colored-design can really set someone in a mental place they wouldn't have gone otherwise. I thought the final performers who played the harp and sang vocals really hyphened the environment that Snyder had already created. They played perfectly together and everything was insyc, like they all had a decent amount experience working with one another, even though I believe the other performers were students. I thought the performance was amazing and would love to research Snyder more in-depth to expose myself to his other performances and teaching methods.

No comments:

Post a Comment