Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Douglas Engelbart


After researching Douglas Engelbart, I have learned that he is fascinating in that he seems like he is always ahead of his time. This helped him strive in his career in developing technology to augment human intellect. One of his inventions that I find that most relevant today in that we still use them, is the computer mouse, which was developed in the 1960s but not commercially developed until the 1980s. Weird! The fact that computer mouses are still used in the 2014 makes it amazing that they were not used for 20 years after the initial invention. One of his quotes I found most inspiring is when he said,
        "How can my career maximize my contribution to mankind?"
He is one of the most motivated role models that prove that the sky is the limit. Don't settle for marriage, a family and a steady job, contribute to the world and make your life worth living.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment