Thursday, May 8, 2014

Stop Motion Animations

Stop motion animation is one of the most influential and/or trendy film-making techniques today. It is a type of art that makes a physically animated object appear as if it's moving on it's own. It works by shooting a single frame of an object and then slightly moving the object, and then shooting an other frame. This then creates an illusion that the objects (that are still frames) are actually moving. Here are a few videos I found through my research that I found as interesting examples.

This animation called "Gulp," is the world's largest stop animation set, stretching over 11,000 square feet. I like how they used live characters, but my only question is how they filmed sideways, because the person looks as if he is standing. My favorite part is how they drew in the sand to create what looked like real life nature and/or animals, and changed it after every frame to make the surrounding sand look untouched. I thought that was fascinating.

This video, "Post-it Note Arcade," took great patience and creativity. I like how the artists took two of his favorite arcade games and and made the video look like an actual arcade game. It kind of felt like you were actually playing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment