Thursday, May 8, 2014

Massive Attack

Massive attack was one of the most influential groups of their generation, and set the trend for a lot of the (then) upcoming dance music that emerged in the 1990s. Through my research, I found that their music gave way to many artists such as Portishead, Sneaker Pimps, Beth Orton, and Tricky. Massive Attack formed in 1883 in Bristol England, and were actually originally called the "Wild Bunch." I thought this was funny because it's very similar to the name they later developed..so I wondered to myself why they changed it in the first place. Maybe they wanted to sound more sharp, or scary? Their signature sound was a combination of many different genres, and their music brought about the drug era of their time, included the usage of cocaine, crack, and speed, drugs that are much different than the average ones used in today's generation.


No comments:

Post a Comment