Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Dr. Raul Cuero's Interview

Dr. Raul Cuero's interview was inspiring in that it gave me so much to be thankful for. The fact that he grew up with no bed and had to sleep on the floor made me feel like a spoiled brat when I begged my parents for a queen sized bed when I had a twin. It's amazing that he changed the international discrimination he faced into a positive contribution to his life. It gave him a reason to get better at whatever he was doing, whether it be school, soccer or basketball. Dr. Cuero's success serves as an example that no matter where you come from, anything is possible. He came from being illiterate to becoming a microbiologist who speaks four languages and making major contributions to the science world with his research.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZugtaO85T_Y&feature=youtu.be


No comments:

Post a Comment